Subject: Where can I find an EARTH object?
From: [email-masked] (David K Martin)
Date: 30 Nov 1994 15:58:29 GMT
Newsgroups: comp.graphics.packages.lightwave

Looks like I get to be one of the first to start the "Where can I get xxxxx"
posts in the new group ;)

I have a customer who wants an animation that has a slowly rotating Earth
as seen from space (they want reconizable continents).  So to create this,
I'm looking for a LW object of the Earth (or suitable image map) that I 
can rotate.  As I understand it, there was a very nice Earth with clouds 
included with the early Toaster systems but it was left out of the later 
version due to space limitions on the distribution disks.  Or the Earth 
object that was offered on a recent LightWave Pro disk looked like it 
would be perfect.

Unfortunately, I don't think I could order the LWPro disk set and receive    
it before my deadline.  I've looked on the Tomahawk, Avalon and Aminet 
sites, searched the Amiga and Amiga Vendor libraries on Compuserve and 
have looked on the NewTek BBS with no luck.  I did get the Worldmap.jpg 
file from Tomahawk but have also seen the poster that it was scanned from.
I don't really want to use that due to possible copyright problems.  Besides,
that image doesn't have clouds and my attempt to generate clouds have been
somewhat less than successful.

Any pointers to a suitable object or freely usable image would be greatly 
appreciated.  Tips on how to generate nice clouds (as seen from orbit) 
would also be appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dave Martin - [email-masked]
             -  Warp Engine A4000 and LightWave 3.5.  What a great combo.